/proc/cpuinfo
Andrew J. Brehm
2003-07-12 15:28:53 UTC
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
machines'.

My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).

Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
associated computer to ***@netneurotic.net or post them here?

Thank you.
--
Andrew J. Brehm
Fan of Woody Allen
Supporter of Pepperoni Pizza
e5z8652
2003-07-20 02:03:06 UTC
Post by Andrew J. Brehm
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
machines'.
I guess this is "standard" IBM PReP:

-----
***@Juneau-LUG:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu : 601
clock : 62MHz
revision : 0.2 (pvr 0001 0002)
bogomips : 65.53
machine : PReP IBM 6015/7020 (Sandalfoot/Sandalbow)
Upgrade CPU
L2 : not present
simms : 0:32M 1:32M 2:32M 3:32M 4:8M 5:8M
-----

Cheers,

James
Paul Mellor
2003-07-20 08:54:21 UTC
Post by Andrew J. Brehm
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
machines'.
cpu : 7455, altivec supported
revision : 2.1 (pvr 8001 0201)
bogomips : 799.53
machine : AmigaOne G3SE / AmigaOne XE / Teron CX / Teron PX
RAM : 512 MB
clock : 800 MHz
fsb : 133 MHz
l2cr : 0x80000000

:)
kio56
2003-07-20 15:20:00 UTC
Post by Andrew J. Brehm
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
machines'.
My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).
Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
Thank you.
cpu : 750FX
temperature : 19-21 C (uncalibrated)
clock : 700MHz
revision : 1.2 (pvr 7000 0102)
bogomips : 1389.36
machine : PowerBook4,3
motherboard : PowerBook4,3 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as : 257 (iBook 2 rev. 2)
pmac flags : 0000000b
L2 cache : 512K unified
memory : 384MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld
e5z8652
2003-07-20 19:39:29 UTC
Post by Andrew J. Brehm
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
machines'.
Standard PowerMac:

cpu : 604
clock : 120MHz
revision : 3.3 (pvr 0004 0303)
bogomips : 239.20
machine : Power Macintosh
motherboard : AAPL,8500 MacRISC
L2 cache : 256K unified
memory : 56MB
pmac-generation : OldWorld

Cheers,

James
Keith Keller
2003-07-21 00:11:34 UTC
Post by Andrew J. Brehm
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
machines'.
G3 iBook:

cpu : 750FX
clock : 700MHz
revision : 1.18 (pvr 7000 0112)
bogomips : 1389.36
machine : PowerBook4,3
motherboard : PowerBook4,3 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as : 257 (iBook 2 rev. 2)
pmac flags : 0000000b
L2 cache : 512K unified
memory : 640MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

Gee, never knew pmac-generation was in there. :)

- --keith

- --
kkeller-***@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)
alt.os.linux.slackware FAQ: http://wombat.san-francisco.ca.us/cgi-bin/fom
Jonathan DePrizio
2003-07-21 04:29:00 UTC
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu : 740/750
clock : 333MHz
revision : 130.2 (pvr 0008 8202)
bogomips : 665.19
machine : iMac,1
motherboard : iMac MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as : 65 (iMac (first generation))
pmac flags : 00000000
L2 cache : 512K unified
memory : 256MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

I also can have temperatures reported (and averaged, if I wish), but I have it turned off in the kernel. It's a basic 333MHz iMac (blueberry), with a RAM upgrade, running 2.4.20-ben10

Good luck with your project!
Jon
--
Jonathan DePrizio
***@nemilar.net
http://nemilar.net
Stephen Harker
2003-07-24 23:26:54 UTC
From a 7600/200 with a XLR8 G3 uupgrade

cpu : 740/750
temperature : 27-29 C (uncalibrated)
clock : 300MHz
revision : 2.2 (pvr 0008 0202)
bogomips : 599.65
machine : Power Macintosh
motherboard : AAPL,7500 MacRISC
detected as : 16 (PowerMac 7500)
pmac flags : 00000000
memory : 384MB
l2cr override : 0xa5100000
pmac-generation : OldWorld
--
Stephen Harker ***@spme.monash.edu.au
School of Physics and Materials Engineering
Baloney Baffles brains: Eric Frank Russell
Colin Ward
2003-07-21 18:07:17 UTC
Post by Andrew J. Brehm
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
machines'.
My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).
Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
Thank you.
here you go, G4500 AGP (sawtooth)
[***@G4 cols]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu : 7400, altivec supported
temperature : 19-21 C (uncalibrated)
clock : 500MHz
revision : 2.9 (pvr 000c 0209)
bogomips : 996.14
machine : PowerMac3,1
motherboard : PowerMac3,1 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as : 65 (PowerMac G4 AGP Graphics)
pmac flags : 00000004
L2 cache : 1024K unified
memory : 1024MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld
Wolfgang Denk
2003-07-22 00:01:01 UTC
Post by Andrew J. Brehm
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
machines'.
TQM860L module (MPC860-T CPU at 50/50 MHz):

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
cpu : 8xx
clock : 50MHz
bus clock : 50MHz
revision : 0.0 (pvr 0050 0000)
bogomips : 49.86

LWMON (Mobile Crane Controller, featuring MPC823-E CPU at 66/66 MHz):

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
cpu : 8xx
clock : 66MHz
bus clock : 66MHz
revision : 0.0
bogomips : 66.24
zero pages : total: 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/0 (0%)

cPCI405 (CompactPCI Board, featuring IBM 405GP CPU at 200 MHz):

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
cpu : 405GP
clock : 198MHz
revision : 0.196 (pvr 4011 00c4)
bogomips : 198.33
zero pages : total: 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/0 (0%)
plb bus clock : 99MHz
pci bus clock : 33MHz

PCIPPC2 (CompactPCI Board, featuring 750 CPU at 300 MHz):

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
cpu : 750
temperature : 0 C
revision : 131.2
bogomips : 600.15
zero pages : total: 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/0 (0%)
vendor : GESPAC
machine : PCIPPC-2E1A
cpu speed : 300Mhz
bus speed : 100Mhz
L2 : 1MB
memory type : SDRAM
backplane : System slot board with geographical address 8

Is this the sort of information you're looking for? Now what did you
learn from these numbers?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk
--
Software Engineering: Embedded and Realtime Systems, Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87 Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88 Web: www.denx.de
tate.
Marco van de Voort
2003-07-21 19:38:36 UTC
Post by Andrew J. Brehm
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
machines'.
My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).
Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
A 166 MHz 604e from a PowerMac 7300 running debian.

processor : 0
cpu : 604e
clock : 170MHz
revision : 2.2
bogomips : 335.55
zero pages : total 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/4216 (0%)
machine : Power Macintosh
motherboard : AAPL,7500 MacRISC
L2 cache : 256K unified
memory : 128MB
pmac-generation : OldWorld
tom
2003-07-22 00:29:17 UTC
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:28:53 +0200
Post by Andrew J. Brehm
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux
on all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested
in exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or
Macintosh machines'.
My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection
existed).
Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
Thank you.
--
Andrew J. Brehm
Fan of Woody Allen
PowerPC User
Supporter of Pepperoni Pizza
Umax s900dp

processor : 0
cpu : 604e
clock : 200MHz
revision : 2.2 (pvr 0009 0202)
bogomips : 398.95

processor : 1
cpu : 604e
clock : 200MHz
revision : 2.4 (pvr 0009 0204)
bogomips : 398.95

total bogomips : 797.90
machine : Power Macintosh
motherboard : AAPL,???? MacRISC
detected as : 16 (Unknown PowerSurge)
pmac flags : 00000000
L2 cache : 512K unified
memory : 384MB
pmac-generation : OldWorld
William Rice
2003-07-22 02:19:25 UTC
Post by Andrew J. Brehm
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux
on all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested
in exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or
Macintosh machines'.
My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).
Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
Thank you.
--
Andrew J. Brehm
Fan of Woody Allen
PowerPC User
Supporter of Pepperoni Pizza
Powerbook G3 (original):
cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu : 740/750
temperature : 54-56 C (uncalibrated)
clock : 250MHz
revision : 2.1 (pvr 0008 0201)
bogomips : 499.71
machine : PowerBook
motherboard : AAPL,3500 MacRISC
detected as : 34 (PowerBook 3500)
pmac flags : 00000001
L2 cache : 512K unified pipelined-syncro-burst
memory : 160MB
pmac-generation : OldWorld
René Scholz
2003-07-22 17:36:44 UTC
Post by Andrew J. Brehm
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
machines'.
My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).
Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
This is from a dbox2:

Linux (none) 2.4.20-dbox2 #1 Son Apr 13 14:33:10 CEST 2003 ppc unknown
cpu : 8xx
clock : 67MHz
bus clock : 67MHz
revision : 0.0 (pvr 0050 0000)
bogomips : 66.96

René
Frank Meyer
2003-08-29 04:30:54 UTC
Post by Andrew J. Brehm
I am attempting to collect output of cat /proc/cpuinfo from GNU/Linux on
all types of POWER and PowerPC hardware. I am especially interested in
exotic hardware configurations but also in standard PReP or Macintosh
machines'.
My goal is to eventually publish the collection on my Web site for no
good reason (other than that I always wished such a collection existed).
Could everybody please send me their cpuinfos and descriptions of the
Thank you.
cpu : 740/750
temperature : 27-29 C (uncalibrated)
clock : 233MHz
revision : 2.1 (pvr 0008 0201)
bogomips : 466.94
machine : Power Macintosh
motherboard : AAPL,Gossamer MacRISC
detected as : 48 (PowerMac G3 (Gossamer))
pmac flags : 00000000
L2 cache : 512K unified pipelined-syncro-burst
memory : 224MB
pmac-generation : OldWorld

My new Power Mac! (well, new to me...) I just wish that I could
figure out how to make the printers work!
Stefano Coluccini
2003-08-30 18:21:53 UTC
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:53:52 +0200, ***@netneurotic.de (Andrew J.
Brehm) wrote:

cpu : 7410, altivec supported
temperature : 1-76 C (uncalibrated)
revision : 17.4 (pvr 800c 1104)
bogomips : 999.42
vendor : Motorola
machine : MVME5100
Andrew J. Brehm
2003-08-30 23:31:47 UTC
Post by Stefano Coluccini
cpu : 7410, altivec supported
temperature : 1-76 C (uncalibrated)
revision : 17.4 (pvr 800c 1104)
bogomips : 999.42
vendor : Motorola
machine : MVME5100
What kind of machine is that? Sounds embedded?