Finding the cause of a checkstop
Bill
2007-07-12 01:19:12 UTC
I am getting a checkstop error after my linux device driver runs for
30 to 40 minutes. The board has an MPC8272 processor and I am running
Linux 2.4 on it. If I clear the Checkstop Reset Enable (CSRE) bit in
the Reset Mode Register (RMR) and halt the board rather than reset it,
I see that the 60x Bus Transfer Error Status and Control Register 1
(TESCR1) is 0x00000000 and that the 60x Bus Transfer Error Status and
Control Register 2 (TESCR2) is 0x80020000. This tells me that there
was a 60x bus monitor time-out and that the Transfer Type is 0x10.

Besides reviewing my code, is there anything else I should look at to
pinpoint the cause of the checkstop?
Bill
2007-07-12 16:19:25 UTC
Post by Bill
I am getting a checkstop error after my linux device driver runs for
30 to 40 minutes. The board has an MPC8272 processor and I am running
Linux 2.4 on it. If I clear the Checkstop Reset Enable (CSRE) bit in
the Reset Mode Register (RMR) and halt the board rather than reset it,
I see that the 60x Bus Transfer Error Status and Control Register 1
(TESCR1) is 0x00000000 and that the 60x Bus Transfer Error Status and
Control Register 2 (TESCR2) is 0x80020000. This tells me that there
was a 60x bus monitor time-out and that the Transfer Type is 0x10.
Besides reviewing my code, is there anything else I should look at to
pinpoint the cause of the checkstop?
Excuse me, I have the registers reversed. I see that the 60x Bus
Transfer Error Status and Control Register 1 (TESCR1) is 0x80020000
and that the 60x Bus Transfer Error Status and
Control Register 2 (TESCR2) is 0x000 0000. This tells me that there
was a 60x bus monitor time-out and that the Transfer Type is 0010b.
wangqing_21cn
2008-05-03 04:02:49 UTC
I have met the same problem,who can help me

-
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcomputing.com/group/comp.os.linux.powerpc
More information at http://www.talkaboutcomputing.com/faq.htm