CRUX PPC 2.6 released
acrux
2010-01-19 15:35:33 UTC
CRUX PPC 2.6 is now available. It works on Apple 32bit "NewWorld" G3/G4 and Apple 64bit G5, Genesi PegasosII and Efika, Acube Sam440ep, IBM RS/6000 CHRP (604e), YDL Powerstation, IBM Intellistation POWER, and IBM pSeries RS64/POWERn.

CRUX PPC 2.6 is, as usual, released via two different installation ISO: 32bit and 64bit. The 32bit version is based on a single lib toolchain instead the 64bit one comes with a multilib toolchain. These two versions share the same ports tree.

See the download page!

--
GNU/Linux on Power Architectur
CRUX PPC - http://cruxppc.org/

---
frmsrcurl: http://compgroups.net/comp.os.linux.powerpc/
Jerry Heyman
2010-01-24 03:52:11 UTC
Post by acrux
CRUX PPC 2.6 is now available. It works on Apple 32bit "NewWorld" G3/G4
and Apple 64bit G5, Genesi PegasosII and Efika, Acube Sam440ep, IBM
RS/6000 CHRP (604e), YDL Powerstation, IBM Intellistation POWER, and IBM
pSeries RS64/POWERn.
32bit and 64bit. The 32bit version is based on a single lib toolchain
instead the 64bit one comes with a multilib toolchain. These two versions
share the same ports tree.
See the download page!
I use a simple startup program on my OldWorld G3 Mac, it loads the kernel I
point to (stored in the Mac filesystem). Do you know if I can successfully
boot using it? Probably not tested, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

jerry
--
// Jerry Heyman | "Congress does not draw to it's halls
// Amiga Forever :-) | those who lover liberty, it draws those
\X/ http://www.hobbeshollow.com
acrux
2010-01-24 14:40:07 UTC
hi
i don't have OldWorld machines to test if the latest CRUX PPC release is able to work
Anyway i was able to use a CRUX PPC 2.5 (32bit) under Qemu (it emulates a g3beige)

Here some other users that reported us some success
http://www.cruxppc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=113

--

frmsrcurl: http://compgroups.net/comp.os.linux.powerpc/CRUX-PPC-2.6-released