About 440EP PIT(programmable interrupt timer)
didigo
2008-07-22 06:59:33 UTC
I am inquiring about 440EP timer facilities.
I want to know that whether PIT(programmable interrupt timer) is
used as the interrupt source of OS ticks count and whether PIT value
supports instant modify while it is decrementing.

Waiting for reply.
Jerry Heyman
2008-07-22 15:04:23 UTC
Post by didigo
I am inquiring about 440EP timer facilities.
I want to know that whether PIT(programmable interrupt timer) is
used as the interrupt source of OS ticks count and whether PIT value
supports instant modify while it is decrementing.
Waiting for reply.
You might find some info at:

http://www.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/852569B20050FF77852569970063431C

The 440 processor was originally developed by IBM and is being used
in the Blue Gene / L super computer.

jerry
--
// Jerry Heyman | "Software is the difference between
// Amiga Forever :-) | hardware and reality"
\X/ http://www.hobbeshollow.com
didigo
2008-07-24 15:32:36 UTC
Hi Jerry,thanks!
i have browsed the website you offered me,but it helps little.
PPC now belongs to AMCC, but i have been waiting for support from
AMCC for a long time since inquire about that.
Thank you all the same!
   \X/    http://www.hobbeshollow.com