openafs options on 2.6.x circa 2009 kernel
robers97
2009-11-30 15:48:41 UTC
I'm attempting an ppc linux install for a pSeries Intellistation 286
and need to access AFS. Openafs seems to be active for the x86
community, but I can't see a solution for ppc.

Compiling from source produces with openafs 1.4.x produces a
"do_signal" symbol not found. Trying to fix this in the kernel (arch/
powerppc/k_sym.c) by exporting the symbol produces a segfault during
insmod. Compliing from source with openafs 1.5.57 produces 3 or 4
symbol not found.

Anyone running a modern kernel with openafs on ppc out there?
robers97
2009-12-04 03:19:37 UTC
Post by robers97
I'm attempting an ppc linux install for a pSeries Intellistation 286
and need to access AFS.  Openafs seems to be active for the x86
community, but I can't see a solution for ppc.
Compiling from source produces with openafs 1.4.x produces a
"do_signal" symbol not found.  Trying to fix this in the kernel (arch/
powerppc/k_sym.c) by exporting the symbol produces a segfault during
insmod.  Compliing from source with openafs 1.5.57 produces 3 or 4
symbol not found.
Anyone running a modern kernel with openafs on ppc out there?
Solution found... disable probing in the compile step; apply patch