Installed YD on sons new HD, she won't run.
GrailKing
2008-08-09 15:48:57 UTC
All,

my son's apple G4 HD crashed we got a new HD 80Gig WD, the Yellow Dog
install went ok but on reboot the screen flashes a ? and apple logo and I
can do nothing else.

I am redoing the install again, thinking I missed something.

What should I look for here?

When the YD disk bootup it gave me choices of install, text, screen sizes,
I went with the default install.

his computer is Apple G4, formated HD so Linux should be by itself, pre
install and post installs all gave success statements

GK
Mikael Pettersson
2008-08-09 17:15:01 UTC
Post by GrailKing
All,
my son's apple G4 HD crashed we got a new HD 80Gig WD, the Yellow Dog
install went ok but on reboot the screen flashes a ? and apple logo and I
can do nothing else.
I am redoing the install again, thinking I missed something.
What should I look for here?
When the YD disk bootup it gave me choices of install, text, screen sizes,
I went with the default install.
his computer is Apple G4, formated HD so Linux should be by itself, pre
install and post installs all gave success statements
Make sure the disk has an Apple_Bootstrap partition as per the
YDL installation guidelines. Without it you can't boot.
(You may need a MacOSX installation DVD in order to create that
partition.)
--
Mikael Pettersson (***@it.uu.se)
Uppsala University, Department of Information Technology, Computing Science Divison